Sunday, November 3, 2013

No News is Good News?

I did a Google search to see where the quote "No news is good news" came from...it's thought to have originated in 1616 when King James I said, "No news is better than evil news". I have to agree with him but I can say, with quite a bit of confidence, that I doubt anyone in the adoption process has ever used the quote as it's said today! We want news and waiting for it can be so difficult!

We did however, receive an additional document that the Philippines has just added to their dossier requirements. It was simple...just some signatures and notarization. I almost wanted it to be more difficult so that I had something to work on! Hahahaha! I know I'm crazy seeing as I've been so busy sewing scarves over the past month or so. But anything that keeps me working on something towards bringing our little girl home makes the time pass a bit easier.

Speaking of scarves...yesterday I did a big craft fair here in Omaha, with the help of my friend Courtney. We sold 90 of my scarves in 7 hours!! I wanted to sell at least 75 and my goal was definitely exceeded! God is so good! So far, with the help of our family and friends, we've sold 316 of my scarves and Courtney has sold 50 of her scarves! 366 scarves in less than a year! I would have never dreamed that these scarves would be such a huge fundraiser for us. I give God all the credit for the idea and the ability to make them.

Other than scarf sales, well, no news is good news, right? ;) Thanks for your continued prayers and support!

No comments:

Post a Comment